Dates: June 1-3, 2018
Hours: 12N-10:30 PM
Location: Chicago, IL
Demographics: 50% General Market foodies/ 50% Mexican families
- More than 30 top Mexican restaurants and chefs serving small plates of their signature dishes.
- Three stages.
- Big name entertainment on the Main Stage.
- Culinary demonstrations and competitions on the Culinary Stage.
- Performances by dance troupes, bands, orchestras on the Showcase Stage.
- Authentic Mexican carnival.
After just two years, Flavors of Mexico (aka Taste of Mexico) has taken its rightful place among the Midwest’s top cultural culinary events.
Chicago has a global reputation for its top Michelin and Zagat-rated restaurants. Perhaps because of the huge Mexican population, Mexican cuisine ranks high up on the list of Zagat Chicago favorites.
Authentic Mexican food is the event's main focus. The cities' and the regions' award winning Mexican restaurants and chefs will set up outdoor kitchens in the event's Restaurant Row and serve up small plates of their signature dishes for bargain prices. The culinary emphasis in Restaurant Row is authenticity.
The event features three stages: a Main Stage with big entertainment, a Culinary Stage where participating chefs will demonstrate recipes and compete for Top Chef award, and a Showcase Stage where dance troupes, orchestras and brass bands from area high schools or colleges perform.
Kids are entertained by a huge, authentic Mexican carnival.