Dates: Thursday-Sunday, June 15-18, 2017
Location: Humboldt Park
Demographics: Hispanic families
Major event components include:
- Top name international and national music headliners.
- Two music stages with jumbo screens.
- More than 80 food booths featuring a wide variety of Hispanic cuisine along with some American standards.
- More than 100 arts and crafts booths.
- The 4th largest parade in Chicago.
- The largest carnival in Chicago.
- An 8K run and fitness walk.
- An outdoor art gallery.
Now in its 35th year, this high profile festival has several claims to fame.
• the oldest and largest Hispanic festival in Chicago.
• the third largest Hispanic event in the Midwest.
Fiestas Puertorriquenas is the centerpiece and the culmination of more than a month of activities celebrating this rich and ancient culture, which has now come to represent 28% of the City of Chicago's Hispanic population.
The event is the hallmark of this large and tightly knit community- showcasing every aspect of it: music, food, art, dance, business, spirituality, and, of course- the family. Fiestas Puertorriquenas reflects the extreme importance of the Puerto Rican family. Each segment of the family is celebrated and there is literally something for every member of the family- from infants and toddlers to the revered grand parents.
Fiestas Puertorriquenas takes place over the Summer Solstice week during the longest days of the year. Humboldt Park, one of Chicago's largest and most beautiful parks, serves as the event site for this one week in June. These 207 acres become the place to be in Chicago for fun and entertainment.